Part of the emotional baggage of divorce is the destruction of dreams. As a Certified Divorce Lending Professional®, my main objective is to help divorcing individuals discover – and bring to life – new home ownership dreams.
While a CDLP can help during and/or after the divorce process, getting me involved from the beginning of the divorce process can help divorcing individuals avoid many potential financing struggles. My responsibilities include:
Preparation and Planning
- Document current residential property ownership, valuation and obligations
- Identify viable options for division of residential property in partnership with an attorney
- Provide guidance on dividing residential property debt
- Understand future home ownership goals and financial situation
Creating a Workable Settlement
- Participate in Client Strategy Sessions to identify and explain alternative options to achieve client’s goals relative to residential real estate
- Pre-settlement preparation for post divorce transactions, in partnership with an attorney
Lead the Transaction Process
- Lead the processing and underwriting of post-settlement residential property transactions (Mortgages on new property or Refinancing existing property)
- Gathering necessary documentation
- Preparing pre-qualification and quotes
- Working with the Realtor and/or Title Company to close the new loan
The intersection of divorce and family law, IRS tax rules, and mortgage lending requirements is complicated, but I can help. Contact me for help discovering and realizing new, post-divorce home ownership dreams.