To celebrate and honor our veterans, active service members, first responders and care givers, my team at PrimeLending is participating in Operation Gratitude. I invite you to join me and my team!
Operation Gratitude annually sends 200,000+ Care Packages to Deployed Troops, New Recruits, Veterans, First Responders, Wounded Heroes & their Care Givers. Our donations show our Heroes they are not alone!
Participation is simple:
- Provide a item for the troops, heroes, veterans, etc. to enjoy
- Write a letter expressing your gratitude for their service
Suggested items include:
- Knit Hats & Scarves
- Cool Ties or Neck Gators
- Beanie Babies, Webkinz, Trolls, or other small plush toys
- Paracord Survival Bracelets
- Mini battery-powered fans
- Mini Flashlights
- Batteries (AA & AAA, 4pack or less)
- Gum, Mints, Breath Strips
- Personal Electronics (iPods, DVDs, CDs, Video Games, Flash Drives, Earbuds, Used cell phones/PDAs)
- Gift Cards to chain stores, such as Walmart, Walgreens, Target, VISA, MasterCard, American Express
- Personal Care Products (Lip Balm/Chapstick, Toothpaste / Dental Floss, Toothbrushes, Deodorant (solid only, 3oz or less), Disposable Razors (Packs of 5 or less), Non-aerosol Shaving Gel in tubes, Individual packets of moist towelettes (30 wipes or less), Hand/Foot Warmers, Foot powder (travel size), Q-Tips (small packs, 50 or less), Facial tissue (small packs), Mini Sewing Kits
- Unused greeting cards or stationery
There is also an Operation Gratitude “Wish List” on Amazon.com
Letters are the most cherished items the recipients receive. Operation Gratitude includes several letters and drawings in each package. Suggestions for writing letters are:
- Start with a salutation, such as “Dear Hero” or “Dear Brave One”
- You can write to a: Deployed Troop, Veteran, New Recruit, First Responder, WoundedWarrior (Note: A Deployed Troop is currently overseas in harm’s way. A Veteran has served ourcountry in the past. A New Recruit just completed Boot Camp and has sworn to servefor the next 4+ years. A First Responder serves as a firefighter, a paramedic or in lawenforcement. A Wounded Warrior was injured in combat. All deserve to be thanked fortheir commitment & bravery)
- Express your thanks for their selfless service
- Avoid politics completely and religion in excess; however, saying you pray for them, iswonderful
- Share a little about yourself: Family, Hobbies, Work, School, Pets, Travel
- Talk about life & interests: Sports, Weather, Music, Movies, Food, Books
- Adults: Include your contact information (mail or email) so the letter/package recipientcan reply. Children: FIRST NAMES ONLY and no addresses please
- Still can’t find the words? Consider drawing or painting a picture instead – Please avoidglitter!
Please bring any donations or letters to my office (8310-1 N Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 195, Austin, TX 78731) by November 10. On November 11, Veteran’s Day, we will pack all items up and send to Operation Gratitude.
Have questions? Contact me!
#OperationGratitude #SupportOurTroops #ThankVeterans #SupportOurHeroes