- Yes tennis belongs in the Olympics. I’m not even sure why this is a discussion. The players love it – just look at the dedication of Venus, Serena, Andy, Juan Martin and others. The unique opportunity to play for your country brings out the best in players from all countries.
- In my humble opinion, Juan Martin Del Potro won even if Andy Murray walked away with the gold medal. He’s back and proved it to himself and the world. His heart was tremendous. He gained many fans for himself and probably tennis.
- Mixed is fun – so glad it is in the Olympics! And what a great all US final.
- Best of five set men’s final is odd. I don’t like it. It should be best of three like the rest of the tournament.
- More tennis audiences should be fun / Davis cup like.
- Monica Puig is a good tennis player. I remember watching her play Maria Sharapova a few years ago and thinking she had a bright future. And she sure showed her potential. I hope she can transfer this success to the tour.
- A team tennis event would be cool. No idea how this could possibly be scheduled, but it would be very cool.
- The TV coverage was pretty good, with Bravo as a dedicated tennis channel. A few oddities here and there with covering multiple matches at once, but generally it was good. I enjoyed the commentary by James Blake. (And as usual I disliked the commentary by Mary Carillo.)
After a great week in Rio, most of the Olympians have joined the tour in Cincinnati for the Western & Southern Open. I’ll be there Wednesday and Thursday!