A professional divorce team has a range of team players including the attorney, financial planner, accountant, appraiser, mediator and yes, a divorce lending professional. Every team member has a significant role ensuring the divorcing client is set to succeed post decree.
A Certified Divorce Lending Professional® (or CDLP®) brings the financial knowledge and expertise of a solid understanding of the connection between Divorce and Family Law, IRS Tax Rules and mortgage financing strategies as they all relate to real estate and divorce. Having a CDLP® on your professional divorce team can provide you the benefit of:
- A CDLP® is trained to recognize potential legal and tax implications with regards to mortgage financing in divorce situations.
- A CDLP® is skilled in specific mortgage guidelines as they pertain to divorcing clients.
- A CDLP® is able to identify potential concerns with support/maintenance structures that may conflict with mortgage financing opportunities.
- A CDLP® is able to recommend financing strategies helping divorcing clients identify mortgage financing opportunities for retaining the marital home while helping to ensure the ability to achieve future financing for the departing spouse.
- A CDLP® is qualified to work with divorce professionals in a collaborative setting.
- A CDLP® can provide opportunities in restructuring a real estate portfolio to increase available cash flow when needed.
- A CDLP® maintains a commitment to remaining educated and up to date in the ever changing industry guidelines and tax rules as they pertain to divorce situations.
- A CDLP® is committed to providing a higher level of service to you and your divorcing clients.
The role of the CDLP is to help not only the divorcing client but the attorney and financial planner understand the opportunities available as well as the challenges divorce can bring to mortgage financing during and after the divorce. When the CDLP is involved during the divorce process and not after the fact, many potential financing struggles can be avoided with valuable and educated input from the Certified Divorce Lending Professional.
“Nothing matters more in winning than getting the right people on the field. All the clever strategies and advanced technologies in the world are nowhere near as effective without great people to put them to work.” – Jack Welch, Winning
from the Divorce Lending Association LLC